Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.
13551071

Hello, I am 18 years old, and I am currently experiencing

Customer Question

I am 18 years old, and I am currently experiencing some issues with a guy i'm interested in. I will try and explain in more detail...

He sends me mixed signals, i.e. he's very sweet and caring at times but then he will pull back. Most of the time I am sure that he feels the same way about me, other times I am not so sure. I have noticed that he is exceptionally shy around me. But not with his friends or other female friends. I have no idea how to tell him how I feel, as I do not want to scare him off.

How can I make him feel more confident talking to me and opening up about his feelings?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 4 years ago.

jenhelant :

Hi, He may like you and this could be why he is shy around you. The best way to make him feel comfortable is by being yourself and showing how you care for him. I would focus on spending time with him and letting things happen naturally. Sometimes actions speak louder than words and by being there for him and enjoying each other's company he will see how you feel and become more comfortable with you in time and therefore will open up to you. Time means a lot because this is how trust is built and this will lead him to open up to you. Also, as you enjoy each other's company and spend time with him you can also be more comfortable to show and even tell him how you feel as you will be getting feedback from him as well.

JACUSTOMER-3601q2d9- :

Thank you, I will try that

jenhelant :

No

jenhelant :

Problem

jenhelant :

It is my pleasure

jenhelant :

Anytime and all the best to you!

jenhelant :

Please don't forget to rate. Thanks so much!