Dr.G.
Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota
15682972

I am in a new relationship, a few months... Things are quite

I am in a new relationship, a few months... Things are quite serious, we see each other pretty much everyday. I really care for him, but I am wondering. I noticed he has looked at women's Picts on the Internet, like bikini shots etc. Candid photos etc and I am a bit hurt. Do I make a big deal about it or just figure guys will be guys..
Please offer some advice... I don't want to become some overbearing person bu form know what I should do with these jealous feelings I am having..
Thanks
Does he do it in front of you or is he hiding it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It's on his own private computer I sorta snooper on.. He's not intentionally hiding it but it's on his own private time
Then you are definitely asking for trouble. Already snooping? Why do you do that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Well I do have trust issues, I know that.. Snooping cause I'm worried I'm not enough for him and he has to look at Picts etc to be fulfilled... I'm not proud of what I did but now what I saw, ahoul I be upset?
No, because what he did may have been while he was a single guy. Until there is a serious commitment by the both of you, then basically he has the green light to do whatever he wants. WIth that being said, a guy looking at porn will find it very difficult to give up. So, my guess is that this behavior will continue in the future. With that in mind, can you handle it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I know it was like 3 days ago cause I checked the date of the history...
I just thought all guys looked at porn, and it was no big deal..
Would it be too much to ask if he does look and if so, tell him my feelings.. Let him know it bothers me and that he should try to not do it for me or is that too overbearing?
Not overbearing at all. In fact, that is good healthy communication. Better to have those talks at the beginning of the relationship than to find out about it down the road. I am off to bed. If you have any other questions then I will follow up with you tomorrow. Goodnight and good luck.