Ryan LCSW, Relationships
Experience:  Professional therapist

If a person is "defensive and jealous of love", does that me

If a person is "defensive and jealous of love", does that mean they don't trust anybody that tries to love them or does it mean that they are jealous whenever they are in a relationship with someone? Thank you for your assistance.
Thank you for requesting me, but I am going to pass your question onto a relationship expert. One moment please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

O.K. Sorry for the mistake.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello, did you pass my question to a relationship expert?

I did report to the system to send the question to the relationship experts. The question will post there for a relationship expert to review.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Because it still shows it as a General question on my computer.

Thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd like to help you out.

Although everyone could have their own definitions of what "defensive and jealous of love" could mean, I do agree with your assessment, and it seems as if this person would have a hard time trusting people, difficulties opening up, and would be jealous while in a relationship.

The term "defensive and jealous of love" is a little ambiguous and could be taken to mean slightly different things. However anytime there is jealousy, that implies a lack of trust, which is never a positive thing. A lot of times people who are considered "defensive" have a hard time admitting they are wrong, and often act as if they feel like people are attacking them or questioning their intelligence.

It may be best to clarify with this person to find out exactly how they would define this, however I do think you are on the right track with your interpretation. If there is anything else I can do to help you out please let me know.

Ryan LCSW, Relationships
Experience: Professional therapist