psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

My wife had an affair that lasted two years and I found out

My wife had an affair that lasted two years and I found out about it last
Dec.! It has been almost a year and we have decided that she can take this man back as a lover! They work together and we live a mile from her work place. They are going to use our home to have sex at! In time I will join them in a three way. She thinks this man loves her. What is his real motives?
He is the only one that knows what his true motives are. However considering that their relationship is very sexual there is a good chance that this serves a need for him that is physical. He could be in love with her but there is an equal chance that this is a physical over emotional affair. Have sexual arrangements such as this opens the door for a purely physical relationship. She must have her reasons for believing that he loves her since she has all of the information to make that decision. You should ask yourself what you want out of this arrangement. maybe your wife can elaborate on what makes her believe that he has these feelings. When a relationship serves a sexual purpose there tends to be an inability to be objective. I would observe what he says and how he behaves and decide for yourself.