Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

Im cheating on my husband! I have been with my lover for three

I'm cheating on my husband! I have been with my lover for three years and he will not tell me he loves me! I have told him and he says he can't say because they did not teel each they loved each other as a child. What do think the reaosns are?
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective

Dear friend,

Perhaps your lover is telling you that he just does not know how to express his love verbally. That is a possibility. If he shows you his love with warm regard, with gentleness, with his smiling or laughing eyes, with his gentle touch, and other body language factors that make you FEEL loved without the words, then he does love.

If you don't have even that from him, then he doesn't love you. Perhaps his family were all narcissists who cannot feel love for other people.

Love is universal. Look at how all mothers are with their young children. They may not say it, but they feel it and they show it.

If he doesn't say it and he doesn't show it, then it is unlikely that he feels any love for you.

Actions speak louder than words. If there is silence all around, then there is nothing to say and no love is being shown or given.

Some people, and some entire families can be this way. Not all of us are the same.

Trust your feelings, rather than any words or excuses he might say. If he loves you then you will not have any doubts.

I wish you great success in this relationship.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Dear Dawn,

I have given you an excellent analysis. Please reconsider what I have told you for your own benefit. My answer was supported by Dr. Shirley Schaye, psychologist, and I ask you to reconsider the negative rating and change it to a positive one.

I understand that you are angy and frustrated by your situation but that is no reason to take it out on me, who has spent his time trying to help you in good faith.

Warm regards,

I have already given you good advice, and was supported in my answer by Dr. Shirley Schaye. If you need any further follow-ups don't hesitate to call on me. I would appreciate if you gave me positive feedback for my very correct and helpful analysis.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC