SLREED
SLREED, Counselor
Experience:  MS Marriage/Family therapy. Four years as a counselor.
20550412

I am suffering from a low mood syndrome since morning. The

Customer Question

I am suffering from a low mood syndrome since morning. The guy who brokeup is not responding. Not sure what to do. I have joined meditation classes too. On weekends. still things are not working as it should. Feel that why should I work and for whom. Its been a month since the breakup and still not able to get over it. even though its better now.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  SLREED replied 4 years ago.

I am sorry that you are going through this situation. Often times when we break up with someone it can be very hard for us. It sounds like you have been doing some of the right things in order get yourself past this situations. This include medication and getting yourself involved in other things to get your mind off of it. The things is that break up are going to hurt. It really is not set time that is going to determine when you should be over someone. Sometimes you just really have to try not to focus on him and make the decision in your mind that you are not going to let him affect your mood or your job. You also have to be reminded of the positive things that you have going on in your life so that you do not continue to think about the relationship that did not work out or any of the other negative things. And last but not least, always remember that just because this man did not work out. There may still be someone out there for you. You have to get your self in a positive place in order to be able to receive the new person, because someone will want to be with you as much as you want to be with them, and it can be hard to focus on that if you still concentrate on the man your broke up with.

If anything, remember things get better with time. The more keep following you meditation, anti depressant, getting out of the house and doing things that make you happy (even if it is hard). You will start to feel different.