Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

Thank you for your prompt answer, which I appreciate. One

Thank you for your prompt answer, which I appreciate. One thing that I did not add (and I don't know if this makes any difference) is that my feelings for my supervisor started way before I met the person that I am now engaged to. My fiance is divorced without children. At one point, when we were talking, he told me that we got engaged too soon and that he gave me the ring too soon.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective

Dear XXXXX,

It seems that you no longer have the passion or desire for your fiance, and you have stronger feelings for another man. Whether or not anything comes of your feelings for your supervisor, it seems that your current relationship as become cold, and the reasons for marrying him, if they were strong enough and valid enough in the past, seem to have vanished.

I believe that your fiance also has had second thoughts and has voiced them clearly to you.

The supervisor is basically a side-issue.

If you do break up with your fiance, or give him the ring back (since it was given prematurely anyhow) then you may be more inclined and more at ease following you preferred romantic inclinations.

Follow your instincts and not your intellect. This is a matter of the heart (emotional intelligence) first and your cognitive functions second.

If I can further assist you, please don't hesitate to get back to me.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, MAE, LPCC, CCMHC, NCC
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Elliot, thank you for your prompt response. One thing that I did not add was that I do not wish to have these more than professional feelings for my supervisor(in fact, I try to avoid him whenver I can). Does this make any difference?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Elliot, I appreciate your prompt response to this matter. I do have something to add, though. I don't know if this makes any difference, but, there are times that I do love him (my fiance) and other times I don't. We have had some good times. It's odd, sometimes I wish that I weren't with him and sometimes I don't want him to go away. One minute, I am considering ending the engagement, but, not the relationship and other times I do want to be engaged. I do not wish to have these more than professional feelings for my supervisor (in fact, I try to avoid him whenever I can). Does this make any difference?

Dear Susan.

You cannot control who you have feelings of love for. It seems that your positive feelings for your supervisor are more consistent that those for you fiance.

You need to think long and hard about your options and what you REALLY envision for your future. It should be bright - very bright.

I wish you great light in your life.

Warm regards,

Elliott