Dr. D. Brown
Dr. D. Brown, Psychologist
Experience:  21 years as Psychotherapist & Relationship Specialist

I found pictures on my boyfriends computer that he had taken

Customer Question

I found pictures on my boyfriend's computer that he had taken during a skype conversation with a stranger. He took several pictures of her in her bra and underwear. The pictures were from 6 months ago and he spoke with her twice and claims he hasn't since. We have been together a year and a half and were planning our future together. I don't know if I can get past this betrayal.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. D. Brown replied 3 years ago.

Dr. D. Brown :

Hello. Please give me a minute to review your question.

Dr. D. Brown :

I can understand your feelings. Of course, if you have been with this man for 18 months and are planning your future, you would be upset and feel betrayed by this incident. I would take some time to consider what you need in order to move on from this in your relationship. If you could move one, what do you need from your partner? Do you have more questions about this incident that you need answered? Is he able to tell you why this happened? If these pictures were from 6 months ago, then it must have happened after you had been with him for a year. Usually, when one partner goes outside the relationship, it has some meaning. I would really try to understand why this happened and what your partner has to say. Sometimes, something is going on in the relationship that is causing distance or isn't being talked about. I would really encourage the two of you to explore this, maybe with a counselor, before you proceed with future plans. It is important to fully understand the dynamics with the two of you while courting, because they will be similar to those when you are married or living together. I strongly suggest you see a couple's counselor to explore this further. I hope this answers your question. I greatly appreciate a positive rating if you feel I answered your question sufficiently. If not, please email be back and I will make sure to get back to you. Thank you for the opportunity to be of service.

Dr. D. Brown :

Could you kindly rate my service so I may be compensated for my time? If you still have further questions, I would be happy to follow up. If not, a positive rating would be much appreciated. Thank you for the opportunity to be of service.