Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

I have been in a relationship for two and a half years. My

I have been in a relationship for two and a half years. My boyfriend works away on the mines, when he was home last he said if I wanted to see other guys while he was away it is ok with him. My reaction was he knows how I feel about manogamy and how hurt both of us were from our last relationships. Why do you think he said it ?
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective

Dear friend,

I think that your boyfriend was feeling guilty about abandoning you for so long, and was thinking that he was going to give you his permission to stray in case you got weak. Evidently he wasn't sure of how strong your are.

Also, he might have been concerned that you might be tempted if he was away so much, and he was testing you because he was he was feeling a bit concerned that he might lose you.

I believes that he loves you very much and doesn't want anything to change.

You passed the test. I would not worry about it. He loves you and wants to stay with you. That's all there is too it. He was feeling a little insecure and needed your assurance. You gave it to him and now everything is OK in his mind. I would not worry about it or even bring it up again. Things will continue to be fine.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thankyou very much for your advice.

Dear Dee,

Thank you so much. God bless your family.