psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

I fell in love with a gorgeous, brilliant and accomplished

Customer Question

I fell in love with a gorgeous, brilliant and accomplished man from cameroon, west africa. we dated and had the best conversations and times. i've loved him for a year and we'd just started dating for about three months or so. well, last night he tells me that he is sorry he has been distant, but that he is trying to work things out with a woman (from cameroon - that he has known from there forever) who is living in las vegas and working as a pharmacist. says he cares about me - did not want to leave me, actually walked over to the car twice, before I pulled off and seemed as broken up about it as i did. Now, i think he is promised to this woman, because both their fathers are in Cameroonian politics (in congress) and this is typical in that area. But if things are so awesome, then why isn't she in Virginia with him, instead of across the country? i think he is dragging out this pre-planned marriage (he's 31) - because he doesn't want to be with her for real. I mean there are pharmacies everywhere...why isn't she here? He told me that they are "trying" and that he wanted to avoid any trouble for me. I am so jealous, I could scream. some people truly have it all, i guess, and for some reason, i can't seem to get ONE break and have the person that I love.

Well, my heart is literally broken. I have to work for him again next year, and I'm devestated about it. we also have client holidays to attend together. Should i just let it go? I mean isn't there a chance that he could just buck the system on this one? Should I tell him to please reconsider?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.