Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.

I am a woman who is in an unhappy marriage of 6 years . The

Customer Question

I am a woman who is in an unhappy marriage of 6 years . The marriage is loveless, my spouse spend no time with me and or the children only contact is in the morning to get them to school. ( honesty that is the only plus because i dont have tgo do the rush hour with them) but I have two young children boys 2 & 4,

I have spoken to him about on manu occasion but he says "I cant spend more time right now as I have just started my own business which is true he started out on his own in January this year. However my gut feeling is that he is using this as a conveneinet excuse to ' get back at me" and put pressure on me to have to deal with the kids exclusively. Had it not been for our beautiful sons i would left a long time ago.

I am an educated woman who is the real breadwinner in this marriage but i feel like a fool as my professional intelligence did not work for me in choosing a mate. I am not in a financial position to pursue a divorce as i know it gets nasty and covetous

Dont know what to do. we are careful in that the children do not see our arguments or displeaure with one another but the they dont see us spending time or doing things together either.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 3 years ago.

Deardebra : Do you feel that if he spend the time, made the time for you things would be different? Relationships are important in spending time together.Spending time is what creates that special bob between to people that love each other. It about sharing you life together by communicating. You have two beautiful children and I feel that this relationship just needs a reminder why you with got together in the beginning. I want you to think about your very f
Deardebra : first date.
Deardebra : Some times life gets in the way. He started a business, but he also has to make that time for you.
JACUSTOMER-8htmhwxc- :

Sorry debra I got disconnected from the internet sorry

Deardebra : Its ok if you get disconnected. I am going to keep the chat open so you can ask the questions you need answered. It is very time consuming when it comes to starting out in business. Your mind tends to be constantly thinking about his to improve the business or the things you need. When this happens you don't realize that the people you love are getting pushed aside. There needs to be a balance because a relationship takes work. You have to put time and effort in making the one you love happy.