Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.
13551071

my boyfriend went to jail for a sex offence on a minor ,he

my boyfriend went to jail for a sex offence on a minor ,he was a user and now keeps writing about unending friendship and love i need him out of my life, how?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry that you had to go through this. It is good that you are making the right choice to not have him in your life any longer. The best thing that you can do is to continue to ignore his letters. Do not even accept them just send them right back through the post office "return to sender". Maybe this way he will see you are serious. If you keep the letters than he does not know if you are reading them or not nor if you are wanting them. If he continues to send them just continue to return them until he gets the message. He can not do anything else since he is in jail, which is good, but if you are worried about when he gets out you can get an order of protection from him at that time. You do not need to listen to him or his letters. If he sees his letters being returned and not being read he will stop.

You did not specify if you still have feelings for him and need help with that since it seemed you were looking for help in order to not have any contact with him. But if you need further help whether it be more questions or need any clarification please do not hesitate to ask. I wish you well.
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience: I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.