DrPsychologist, Doctor
Experience:  I am a licensed psychologist with over 10 years of experience in providing mental health psychotherapy.

Thank you for your input

Dr Norman Brown

You recommended EFT hello, I am writing you under separate cover so you may remember a fragment of our conversation ? It is ...Thank you for your input, it's appreciated. I've spent a considerable amount of money on therapy in the past with minimal results. I have even tried to find an EFT therapist in my area with no luck. I've taken my husband to two different therapists in the past year or two. One was not helpful at all and the other was mildly beneficial to our situation. My husband hated being there and when I suggest a new therapist (even individually) the answer is always NO! Now my husband refuses therapy altogether. The problem continues with him behaving negative and critical and it affects my pain level. he will not listen, even when I speak to him in quiet times. I've tried so hard, but now just try to protect myself from the negativity. it's weighing heavily on my immune condition and my son was recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes for which naturally was an added stress which I'd expect support from my husband, but it was actually harder dealing with him, my sons illness as well as my own. At times, I have to let out the anger when he is being critical with a repeated STOP, STOP, but Pay the price physically and emotionally exhausted.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Expert:  DrPsychologist replied 3 years ago.
hello, i read your question. i really hope that by "pay the price" you do not mean that you have been the victim of physical violence by your husband. just in case that is what you meant:
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No physical violence in my case, no worries.
Pay the price is an increase of disease activity / rheumatoid arthritis.
Thank you for clarifying and I am glad that you are at least physically safe. Take good care.
DrPsychologist, Doctor
Experience: I am a licensed psychologist with over 10 years of experience in providing mental health psychotherapy.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I hope Dr. Brown is able to see my entry.
Thanks moderator for forwarding it to him