Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience:  Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist
15718554

I get so jelous so easily. My husband doesnt have chick friends

Customer Question

I get so jelous so easily. My husband doesn't have chick friends because he knows it upsets me. I have guy friends and I feel bad because he doesnt have girl friends and he feels like he has to hide it all from me. How do I get rid of these jelous feelings?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Paige replied 4 years ago.
Hello. Your issue lies in your self esteem and how you feel about yourself. The only way to lose insecure feelings is to work on yourself. Keep in mind also that there IS a difference between men and women and how they view friends. A lot of women don't like their husbands having women friends even if they do have decent self esteem. Men are very sexual in their thinking and you need to be ok with the fact that thoughts are different than actions. You need to trust that your husband would never do anything or act on his sexual feelings, at the same time coming to terms that he probably does have sexual thoughts about other women. All men do. It has been proven in studies over and over again. Accept it and know you can trust him and that he loves you enough to not act on them. DO whatever it takes to hep your self esteem. For some people, reading books can help. Others need face to face counseling or other things. In any case, you need to have self confidence to be able to deal with your jealousy.