Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.

I pulled away from a love because of my fears. Now I hurt

I pulled away from a love because of my fears. Now I hurt her so much that I am afraid that I might have lost her. Should I let time pass since I hurt her or should fight for her right away.

I would like to help. How much time has past since the break up and since you sent her that card? Has she responded since?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

About one week has past. I did approach her personally and she told me how hurt she was. She had mention to me that she thought that I was her soul mate. She did mention that she was not ready to try right away, but maybe in a month. I just mailed a card today. Showing her I was to blame and not her and hoping that one day she would come back to me.

I think you handled this well and even though I know it is difficult it is best to just wait until she contacts you or a month, which ever is sooner. Contacting her before will just be counterproductive. I think the fact she said maybe in a month then you have a good chance of getting back together. As for now take care of yourself, so if she does come back you will be even better. Don't be hard on yourself just learn from your mistakes and be your best moving forward. If she says you are her soul mate and she sees you are truly sorry I think things will work out fine. I wish you all the best through this time and please let me know if I can help further.