Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience:  Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist
15718554

My boyfriend , who is now getting a divorce , just doesnt

My boyfriend , who is now getting a divorce , just doesn't make me happy anymore, he is very demanding and says the same things over and over, which drives me insane. How can I tell him its over between us, without damaging his feeling and self esteem? Please help he is driving me mad with his never ending texts and phone calls. I end up giving in because I don't want to hurt him, and I feel a little responsible for the break- up of his sex less marriage. We also have not had a proper sexual relationship and I have ben seeing him for over 3 years
Hello. It sounds like you need to take control and stop letting him have any. If you are certain you want to end it, you are going to just have to do it. If you have gone back and forth with him about this, you will not be taking him by surprise. There will be hurt no matter what, it is just the way that ending relationships go. Someone will be hurt, there is no avoiding that. If he is demanding you tell him you love him , he nags you and you are sick of it, you need to walk away. If you are looking for a simple solution, there isn't one. You are obviously miserable. You are obviously not happy. Look at your options here. What are they? Stay and continue to be miserable or leave him and start a new life without having someone who is nagging and demanding. You know what you need to do. You need to leave and not look back. Do not let him control you. Do not allow him to make you keep in contact with him. You need to take control of the situation.
I think the best thing to do is to not have any contact with him after you do leave. Don't answer his calls or texts. That is really your only choice. Nothing is going to happen magically which will allow you to end this and have everyone happy. Weigh your options and take control.