psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

How fast should a relationship evolve? I met a guy two weeks

Customer Question

How fast should a relationship evolve? I met a guy two weeks ago and we both seem to be interested. We went on two dates so far and he told me he is very happy that he met me.but he is moving soo slow.he does not call between dates unless i ask him too and he sends me emails almost everyday with the exception yesterday he did not email,no contact at all.i did not call or text should i take it? Is he unsure? Why is he so slow? How do you deal with slow movers? He is a scientist,busy person but still when you are interested you mąkę time for the right should i approach him?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.
You may have to be patient. There is no time as it is different for everyone. But he is showing that he really likes you by sending emails so frequently. He could be slow mover but sending emails is a sign that he wants to move more than slowly. I would show a consistent response to his moves and he will be encouraged to continue or step up his relationship skills. His career may be influencing how quickly he moves but someone who was truly slow would not be sending emails every day. Hang in there and keep the faith. it sounds like he is sending you a message that he is into you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Should i not initiate contact? I feel i will scare him away or will look desperate. Yesterday i did not hear from him..should i just play it cool and do not contact?
Expert:  psychlady replied 3 years ago.

If you like him you can initiate contact. There is a difference in being desparate and assertive. I would wait til the end of today and then call him.

Be back later