Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.
13551071

How to deal with too much resentment for my parents? When Im

How to deal with too much resentment for my parents? When I'm 25 and my cousins have left home and have kids. Yet my parents always lie that no one leaves home at my age. I've akways done the right thing, yet they treat me like I'm 13. How can I leave ASAP? I have too much anger. If I talk to them I get told to shut up.
jenhelant :

jenhelant :

How are you?

jenhelant :

We have spoke about this, but if you would like someone else to help you I can remove myself. However, I think it may be time you create a plan, so you can leave home. Take the necessary steps to do what you need to do financially and emotionally.

jenhelant :

This does not sound like a healthy situation for you. What would you like to do? Would you like to leave? Do you have any ideas of what you would like to do if you left?

Customer: Sorry as our time difference hasn't helped. My work I feel plays favorites and screws people over. I found out that all the new employees were made full time. Yet the people who have worked there for years like me weren't chosen. One co worker asked why and my boss gave her BS lines. And lied that because she hadn't done certain things. When in fact neithe
Customer: When in fact she had but the new people actually haven't, yet still got chosen.
This happens a lot in companies. The best thing that you can do is continue to do your best. Don't lose motivation due to this. If you continue then your hard work will pay off. Sometimes we do not get what we deserve right away, but if you persist then you will in the future. Sometimes we even need to evaluate our jobs if they are right for us if we see we are remaining stagnent if ofcourse that is a possibility.
I switched this to question and answer, so I will be alerted just as you are when each of us sends a reply. It is easier for us both due to the time difference.