Dr. Paige
Dr. Paige, Psychologist
Experience:  Ph.D. Licensed Psychologist

Hello. My husband and I have been separated for about a year

Hello. My husband and I have been separated for about a year and a half. He says he doesn't love me anymore, but that he still cares about me deeply. He keeps telling me he doesn't think its going to work, but when we are around each other, we are still affectionate, and he says it leaves him confused, but then a few days later, he says he doesn't think it will work. I want to fix my marriage. Is it still manageable?
Hello. Yes it can work, but you both have to be on board with it 100%. He is still confused about how to proceed, so until he is sure, you are going to be stuck in limbo a bit. It is good that you are both still talking and have something to work with. You need to make sure that when you do talk, you are talking about the right things. Are you both aware of the things which caused you to be separated in the first place? How are these issues still effecting you and what can you both do to eliminate these problems. Ask him what his reservations are, WHY does he think it won't work, etc? You need to find some answers as to the distance before you can both start coming together again. Both of you need to be dedicated to fixing it and moving forward. One cannot force the issue more than the other is prepared to do. Yes, you can fix you marriage. BOTH of you need to fix your marriage though, not just you.