Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.

RA crb

Customer Question

I am 26 weeks pregnant. My on again-off again boyfriend is always looking for attention from other females on social networks. I want to address the situations but Im scared that it may mean us not being together again. What to do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 3 years ago.

I understand how you feel and are afraid of loosing him, but it would be best to talk about this to him. Keeping this hidden in order to save the relationship is not healthy since the relationship will not be truly healthy and that would not be good for your child either. I would communicate nicely to him in order to try and work this out. If he is unwilling to work it out then the relationship gets ruined because you spoke to him then you may want to consider if he is someone you truly want to be with. It is best to know the truth asap in order to either work together on the relationship or know the truth in order for you to prepare to move on. Communication and trust is extremely important in a relationship. At this point try not to stress yourself. Think about you and your baby. What is important for the baby are two parents who love each other whether together or not. You would not want to stay in an unhealthy relationship for your child's sake since she or he will learn that is okay and can repeat that behavior in the future. You should be able to have talks with him. A relationship takes work and the two involved need to be able to work together. Let your boyfriend know how you feel and see if he is willing to change his ways. Try to see if you are on the same level in your relationship and maybe a commitment can be made.

I wish you gentle wishes and all the best with your new baby to come. Please let me know if I can be of further help.

Hi Elizabeth,

I am sorry that you were not happy with my answer. I would like to know what your feelings are, so I can clarify and maybe be of further help. I do not want you to not be satisfied and I apologize if there was a misunderstanding. Please allow me the opportunity to know why you were unhappy, so I can continue to help.
If then I am unable I would be more than happy to remove myself, so someone else can help you further.