Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.

That last question I asked you I closed off too early by accident.

That last question I asked you I closed off too early by accident. Is my boyfriend just trying to string me along thinking I'll get a ring, if he doesn't find better?
I don't believe he is doing that. He seems to really like you and may be thinking of future plans together. Try not to think negative. Look at your relationship as a whole. If you see he treats you good and with respect. If he backs up his words with actions then you should not worry about him stringing you along. Relationships do take work and up to the two people involved. I would not worry about him finding better unless he gives you reason to believe he is looking for something different or mistreating you. Instead just enjoy each other and continue getting to know more about one another.
Look at things differently it is not about him finding someone better. Even if he did find someone else it would be a different person and not necessarily better or worse. We are all individuals and that's what makes each of us special. But as I said I would not worry about him doing this if he has not given you any reason to not trust him. The fact he is saying this shows he really likes you. Important is if he backs up his words with actions.