Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.
13551071

I like someone who is married and she likes me too. She hasnt

I like someone who is married and she likes me too. She hasn't been married long and has children from another relationship. I had to think why does she like me. I thought if she is unhappy in her marriage then as she may be looking for someone. She would find it difficult to leave her husband as she has no money. My thoughts are, can she love her husband if she can like someone else so much. I would like to approach her and talk about things but I don't know where to start.

I understand that you like this person and thinks she likes you. However, you may want to consider if you really want to pursue this person because if she was just married, has kids from another man, now interested in you she may not be serious about relationship. So if you are serious then you may want to rethink getting involved since she could do the same thing to you. If you really like her I would say try to chat to find out more about her situation and more about her. However, it will be difficult with the language barrier and you may need to take up her language to talk with her better. You do need to be wary of her husband. You would not want to have a confrontation since she is still married. If you do talk with her I would not take it further than friends due to the fact she is married. Before anything is pursued in a relationship type of way I would see if she has any plans of divorce or separation. Since you do not know her well. It may be best to just get to know her better by chatting and then go from there taking everything I said into consideration.

I wish you well and please let me know if I can be of further help.

Thanks,

Jennifer
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you good advice. Being friends is difficult but I enjoy her company and she enjoys mine. I have no intention of upsetting anyone and will avoid any confrontation. Sometimes you need a reality check because your emotions get in the way.

Thank you

It is my pleasure to help. I certainty can understand that. It is so true. Sometimes good to step back and look at the entire picture when we are on the inside it is easy to let our emotions control.

I hope it all works out for you whether it be friends or more. :)

Jennifer