Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.

Hi, I just got my marriage certificate last week and never

Hi, I just got my marriage certificate last week and never signed yet, but if I broke up with my boyfriend, Do I need to cancel this certificate? If I get married with anyone else during 90 days after getting the marry certificate, Do I need to cancel the previews certificate or just get another one directly.

Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective

Dear friend,

If you don't get married and don't sign the certificate, and if there are no witnesses, then you are not married. If you are not going to get married then write on it in black marker "NULL AND VOID".

If you are really planning to get married to someone else in the next 90 days then simply apply for a new form with the proper names on it.

I wish you great success with your relationships.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If I go to get another marry certificate with someone else, will the clerk mentioned to me that I am already in one certificate and in the 90 days valid period and let me confirm that I have decided to void that one and get a new one? My concern is I don't want my new boyfriend knowing that I have got one certificate with other people and the record in the system and if the clerk exposure will let my new fiance kown that because at that time, we are sitting together. Or am I thinking too much?

Dear Vicky,

If I were in your position, I would go to the clerk's office with your old certificate, tell her or him what is going on BEFORE you go there with your new boyfriend. Explain to the clerk that you don't want your new boyfriend to know about this and I am sure that she will cooperate with you. You have a right to privacy and if you just ask her not to say anything and then she will not let it slip out.

I wish you great success with your new marriage.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Dear Vicki,

Thank you so much.

Warm regards,

Elliott Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC