Coach Jen K.
Coach Jen K., LMSW, CPC
Experience:  Providing the Utmost Care and Support
64783947

Ive been married for 21yrs and havent been happy for a very

Customer Question

I've been married for 21yrs and haven't been happy for a very long time....my husband is very insecure and has acussed me of leading men on because they are always looking at me...after all i had to have done something to have them look! I have always been faithful and stayed at home raising our kids....about a 1 1/2yrs ago a old friend looked me up on face book.....we we just friends in high school...well long story short we fell in love and was having an emotional affair...he lives 3000 miles away....we had plans to leave our spouses and be together for the rest of our lives when his son graduated in June of next year...well his wife knew about me and thought that he stopped talking with me...he promised her for the kids sake...well, last weekend she found out about everything by hacking into his e-mail and read everything we were saying to eachother...he e-mailed me and said that he was going to go to marriage counseling with her and try really hard to make it work out for his families sake....I was devestated when i read that we were done...just like that....i even spent money to enroll in school to study Phlebotomy so that "we" would have two incomes to make it work....he knew about all of this and still just shut the door on me...he told me that i was his soul mate and never felt the connection that we had with anyone else...he told me that he would never let me go....i feel like even though he said that hes just going through the emotions with her and loves me that i was just thrown away and cut off in an instance through an e-mail...i feel like my feelings were not protected and or cared for like i am not important to him....he was just telling me how much he loves me and cant live without me when his wife confronted him with an aultimatume and then i got the "we have to stop" e-mail...it happened so fast and all of a sudden....he has done this twice before and has always come back to me....but this time she knows everything...not just suspicions....so i dont think that i'll ever hear from him again....im heart broken that he would do this to me...us....im in shock and was wondering how to get him out of my head and heart....my husband doesnt know about this ....i have asked him to go to marriage counseling but if he knew about this he would tell all of our kids that "mom" cheated on me! I dont really know what to do
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Coach Jen K. replied 1 year ago.

CoachJenK :

Hi. Welcome. I am a Licensed Master Social Worker with more than 20 years experience working with individuals and families on a variety of issues.

CoachJenK :

I am sorry to hear of your pain and struggle around this.

CoachJenK :

unfortunately there is no shortcut to ending the painful feelings....the best way to heal from this is to allow yourself to mourn it and feel it all.

CoachJenK :

When there are kids involved it can make leaving much more difficult and if his wife is aware of what is going on then she may have let him know that she wants him to be with her and his kids and he might feel that he must play that out.

CoachJenK :

that does not mean he doesnt care about you now or in the past.....

CoachJenK :

letting yourself feel it all even thought it is so painful is the way to heal from the pain.

CoachJenK :

are you here with me?

Customer:

are you there?

CoachJenK :

yes can you see what I wrote above?

CoachJenK :

sometimes there can be some technical issues in chat...I am hoping you can see my responses above.

CoachJenK :

I will switch out of chat since there seems to be some issues.

Customer:

yes thank you....should i wait for him?

Customer:

hello?

Customer:

Am i just setting myself up for hurt by waiting to hear from him...even knowing that he may never contact me again?

Coach Jen K., LMSW, CPC
Experience: Providing the Utmost Care and Support
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
I am still here with you. Sorry about the difficulties in the chat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I guess i just want your advise on if I should hold on to hopefully a future with him or maybe in these situations it is always a negative outcome....maybe he will never leave and just come up with excuses?

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you....i just miss him ....he cut it off so quickly and abruptly...

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you again.....I'll try to consentrate on my own marriage and keep him out of my every day thoughts....i just didnt get any closure with him...

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!