Dr. Tiye
Dr. Tiye, Psychologist
Experience:  As a Clinical Psychologist since 2002, I have conducted couples therapy and led relationship groups.
70624995

I was in car accident on thursday and walked away unhurt. Should

Customer Question

I was in car accident on thursday and walked away unhurt. Should I tell my mother about it
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Tiye replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Tiye : Hello, what would be the advantages of telling her? You know your mom better than most others and your friend is right, she'll probably worry. But on the other hand, if you need her support, an extra hug, or a listening ear about the accident, you should tell her so that you can get the help you need.
Customer:

Thank you for your great answer to my question. My fried who was dri ing the car is upset with me because I told his cousin about him speeding and wer'e not currently speaking. What should I do about that situation

Dr. Tiye : I'm sorry. Technical difficulties. Please repost your last reply.
Dr. Tiye : The site would not let me see your reply or respond for the last 5 minutes:(
Dr. Tiye : If she finds out from someone else would she be upset?
Customer:

Thank you for your great answer to my question. Just one more thing, my friend who was dri ing is upset with me becaue I told his cousin about him speeding and we're not speaking. What Should I do about that situation

Dr. Tiye : Are you emotionally okay?
Dr. Tiye : Wow, he was speeding, involved you in an accident, you mentioned it, and now he's mad at you????
Dr. Tiye : I would let him know that being in an accident is a wake up call to you both of how e erything can change in an instant. If you all are truly friends he hold not be wasting time being mad.
Dr. Tiye : "he should"
Customer:

I was upset about it on friday and saurday . I sat by myself in the basement at thinking about and was a little angry that he would do something do something unsafe like that. After the accident, he said to me You neer know when your'e goung to die and that he ready to die any day. what should I say if he me for money to repair the car

Customer:

yes she would be upset if found out from somebody else because it is something she cares about. I f had told her or someone else had told her she would be just as upset

Dr. Tiye : Just because he's ambivalent abuse his life does not mean the he should be ambivalent about yours. Hiscar repairs are absolutely his sole responsibility.
Dr. Tiye : If you are truly okay and nobody is going to mention it to her, I wouldn't raise her blood pressure.
Customer:

Thank you for response, I thought that about the issue of repairing the car.Did you mean abuse or about his life

Dr. Tiye : Sorry. About his life
Customer:

Thank you for your answers. I'll be sending a good rating to you now. I feel much better about things now and will be able to sleep better .

Dr. Tiye, Psychologist
Experience: As a Clinical Psychologist since 2002, I have conducted couples therapy and led relationship groups.