SLREED
SLREED, Counselor
Experience:  MS Marriage/Family therapy. Four years as a counselor.
20550412

I am also marrried & have been seeing prostitutes, I love my

I am also marrried & have been seeing prostitutes, I love my wife but I enjoy visiting escorts. to me I think it's just a bit of innocent fun, something different. as long as she does not find out. & I also think if she was seeing male escorts & I didn't know, it would be ok & if I did find out I don't think I would be very worried either. I often think of what it would be like to go swinging with my wife, I think it might bring us closer? a few weeks ago I attended an adult swingers club, I paid an entry fee & ended up getting with three girls it was great cause it was in the day & was really quiet, only two other guys there. if only I could take my wife. But I know if I told her she wouldn't join.
I have thought of splitting up with my wife because of this & (at first when I saw an escort I felt bad & guilty & now I think it's just a little naughty secret), but I think we are ok & can have a happy life together & the most important part we have a son together.
the biggest thing is I'm not really sure what to do with this. do I keep seeing escorts? do I tell her & cause upset & maybe split up a family? that's when I think of my son without a mum & dad together. It would be hard because if we did split up my wife would definatly move back home to Brazil, to see my son I would have to move there or fight to keep him here & I'm from Australia. ??? an suggestions???
Category: Relationship
Expert:  SLREED replied 2 years ago.
Yes I do have a suggestion for you and I am going to be honest in my answer. I am not going to judge you, however I think that it is best that you stop seeing the escorts. I can understand that you enjoy the excitement of it. However, there are several dangers that can be associated with seeing escorts and swinging.

The first being STD's. Even if you are using condoms, there are still many STD's that can be transmitted. Some that you cannot get ride of. These include HPV, Herpes, and Genital Warts, because they can be on the pelvis of a person not covered by a condom. Therefore, not only are you putting yourself as risk, but you are also putting you wife at risk as well. Do you really think that it would e worth it, if something like this occurred, and if you spread it to your wife?

Also, what if you get caught by police. This could cause embarrassment to you and your family, and most of all it will hurt them. I know that you like this, but think of the overall picture of what could happen if you do not stop.

If you go the other route and leave your wife. Are you willing going to be okay with the fact that you broke up your family over escorts? I think that the best thing that you can do is to see a counselor. Sometimes things like this can be considered as an addiction. Perhaps professional help can assist you in getting over this.
SLREED, Counselor
Experience: MS Marriage/Family therapy. Four years as a counselor.