SLREED, Counselor
Experience:  MS Marriage/Family therapy. Four years as a counselor.

I have had this female friend for going on two years and I

I have had this female friend for going on two years and I did something ,to make her life easier, that was all about her but also affects other people.but when she asked me if I did it, I evaded answering her question directly and avoided the issue. Did I do something to destroy her trust in me and if so how do I regain her trust?
I do not know the situation directly, but if you were untruthful to her, then yes you can break her trust especially if the truth gets out.

The way that you can earn her trust again is a hard one. Normally I would say to tell her the truth and give her the reason as to why you felt the need to do what you did. She may be upset, but if the truth gets out, at least she would have heard the truth from you first, then anyone else telling her, because then she may feel betrayed.

If this is not an option for you, then you can stick to your story. Continue to be her friend and do everything in her best her eyes, show her that you are a true friend, go above and beyond to be her friend. If she sees you as a friend, and someone that will never do anything to hurt her. When she hears bad things about you or something that you said about her, it will be hard for her to believe because you have always been so good to her and have always proved yourself to be a good friend. Also if she learns the truth and you are a good friend to her, she may forgive faster if she learns the truth.