SLREED
SLREED, Counselor
Experience:  MS Marriage/Family therapy. Four years as a counselor.
20550412

This is going to be a long story, & Ive typed it once already

This is going to be a long story, & I've typed it once already I'm sorry that information got lost somewhere in cyberspace & I am not the most skilled typist in the world, so please be patient, my name isXXXXX have been an RN for a bit over 27 yrs, my story begins with a brief getaway vacation recently, I enjoy the solitude , my husband-- Herbert prefers Las Vegas , during this trip approx 3 wks ago now, this is actually 2 stories-- bear with me-- while unpacking my vehicle & carrying my things into the cabin I slipped on a paving stone from hell, the sucker could not have been any more slippery if it was iced over with oil poured on top, my legs went in different directions all the things I was carrying went flying & was literally unable to get up for quite some time, & I'm talking way up in the smokey mts. Of tenn, where on star couldn't get a satalite fix on me, but I digress-- I did get into the cabin & phoned the co. Who rented the cabin to me & they were kind & concerned, sent someone out to ck on me but all I could do was blubber like an idiot, but really I WAS IN PAIN! The next day I could barely walk, I soaked in the hot tub for an hr. got dressed, called a taxi- I was in gatlinburg , & the nearest taxi service was in pigeon forge- & she got lost, trying to find me, but eventually she arrived, by then my knees, lower legs feet & ankles rt. & lt were so swollen & bruised, that I could not wear shoes & could barely walk, much less drive, she took me to urgent treatment center, the doc. Said I think it looks worse than it actually is, but I could be wrong , he palpated my knees, legs, ankles, & feet, they were even bruised on the bottom, the only X-ray he took was of my lt ankle, which actually the least painful part of me, he said" I believe that you've just got some severe sprains here, & I advise I peaks elevation of limbs, & Motrin for the pain, follow up with your family dr when u get home" so the taxi returned me to the cabin & I did as advised, I spent 4 days in hell in that damnable cabin, the pain was so bad that I could not sleep , fortunately I had brought some food along with me,so now after the 4 hellish days, I drove home,had some trouble with the trailblazer , lost keys , & dead battery, but saga is just too damn long & aggravating to get into, so I drove 4 hrs , to the small town where I now live---- Jackson, ky,pop. 2004-- I moved here from my home town in 1988 when they opened a small hospital here , with much better wages/ benefits, it was 2 days before our 20th anniversary, & I had gifts for him that I had bought in gatlinburg before I went up to the cabin, & he said"sit down I know u must be tired but we have to talk--- while you've been away I've been thinking that neither of us has been really happy in this marriage & I've decided that we need to get a divorce--- I don't think I mentioned before that there is an age difference , Herbert is 9 yrs younger than me, but I am much better looking & aa hell of a lot smarted than this t
I'll really want to call him obscene names but I will try to control my temper, anyway I'm going to give you the entire stupid story ,after which u will probably disagree with me a out being the more intelligent of us 2 -- I met herb through a good friend, another nurse who worked with me, she had recently married herbs first cousin Jeff. & I knew Jeff, very nice guy worked ems service foe the hospital, so we met-- then we married in sept.-1992' @ that time he was living in a trailer park, driving a beat- up Chevy pickup, & working @ Jackson electric & plumbing supply, immediately after we were married he sold his trailer, his dirt bike, & wanted to sell his pick- up & get something new with better gas mileage since we were living 30 miles away in my rental home, in hazard ky. & after a couple of months I said ok to that 2' he kept all the money from the sale of hois personal property, I paid ALL THE BILLS-- every single one , because my beloved spouse was (saving up for something special that he had been wanting all his life) & I was ok with that because I'm telling u this jerk really made me feel like I was everything to him, it was like a 2 yr honeymoon , then my brother dr. Spencer, unfortunately for me found someone who wanted to buy the house I was renting from him, so we had to find one here in Jackson,& we did,it was a very nice house when we bought , but now it really is something, it has everything , Inground pool , large wraparound decks on both levels spa tubs inside x3' hot tub on lower deck 'wood burning fireplaces on both levels, & a30x 70 foot family/ gaming/ partying Rome that takes up the lower level, everything was custom built, wet bar, pool & poker table 2 wide screen TVs 2 wraparound sofas, he even has a blackjack, roulette table , if this house was in another town , it would go for 500k easily, it has taken us a long time making the improvements on the house we lived here 18 yrs now, ok so back to when we ha
Category: Relationship
Expert:  SLREED replied 2 years ago.
Yes I would love to assist you in your question, but it would seem as if you have more information to tell me, before getting to what you really want yo ask. You can feel free to add your additional information, and question, so that I could assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay, had a dental appt. now where was I,so anyway we moved here, & I continued to pay the bills, & herb got what he wanted,to race circle track, u have to build these things from the chassis up, his dad has a lg. garage so that's what herbs passion was, so I worked quite a bit more overtime, approx14 yrs ago the people that owned Jackson electric & plumbing supply inc. wanted to retire, with my w/2 forms we got a 250k loan & bought the business, since herb knew the business quite well, he ran / managed it & I cont. on @ the hospital, he still spent every spare minute/ dollar on his racing hobby, which is not cheap.but people liked herb, the business did well, we now own some rental property, concrete/septic system business, storage buildings, & I have NEVER known anything about our finances, after we seemed relatively ok , I took a leave of absence from work, that was about 8 yrs ago, herb said that was fine, but every time I mentioned helping out @ the store, it was flat out no, no discussion, but by that time I was getting pretty tired so I didn't push it, so that brings us back to my arrival @ home 2 days prior to our 20th, gifts & kisses ready, he said" sit down we need to talk" &
Thought I have seen this in so many movies/" I think u know that I've not been happy & I don't believe that u have either, I want a divorce" so I replied uh huh& just how we're u thinking about the property settlement situation, " I could give u 50k now, I want. 2 keep the businesses, u can't run them anyway, I would also like 2 keep the house, since u don't like this town much anyway, & then I would pay u 2k a month until u have received a total of 200k, & of course u could take your SUV & personal belongings"
I was so shocked that I really couldn't say a thing for a couple of minutes, wondering what had happened to the man I left , because this guy was a stranger, & he must have thought that I did not have 1 fully functioning brain cell to even offer such a preposterous deal, I went 2 the bank today while I was out & this lousy $&&$!'h. Has not got my name on ANY account, even the personal savings is in his name only, we'll I kind of lost it , for a bit after that , I went to the business & practically tackled him, Judd , one of our employees. Must have though I was going to murder him, because the local & state police showed up but not before I told the weasel that if there was a legal way to destroy you mister, I can & I will find it, I think that he might be afraid 2 come home tonight, but if he files an epo on me I really don't know @ this point how I would respond to that, it wouldn't. B pleasant
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
, Sorry for the delay, had a dental appt. now where was I,so anyway we moved here, & I continued to pay the bills, & herb got what he wanted,to race circle track, u have to build these things from the chassis up, his dad has a lg. garage so that's what herbs passion was, so I worked quite a bit more overtime, approx14 yrs ago the people that owned Jackson electric & plumbing supply inc. wanted to retire, with my w/2 forms we got a 250k loan & bought the business, since herb knew the business quite well, he ran / managed it & I cont. on @ the hospital, he still spent every spare minute/ dollar on his racing hobby, which is not cheap.but people liked herb, the business did well, we now own some rental property, concrete/septic system business, storage buildings, & I have NEVER known anything about our finances, after we seemed relatively ok , I took a leave of absence from work, that was about 8 yrs ago, herb said that was fine, but every time I mentioned helping out @ the store, it was flat out no, no discussion, but by that time I was getting pretty tired so I didn't push it, so that brings us back to my arrival @ home 2 days prior to our 20th, gifts & kisses ready, he said" sit down we need to talk" &
Expert:  SLREED replied 2 years ago.
Okay it seems like you have a lot going on in your situation. There is a lot to lost here, and if you are going to get a divorce I would recommend that you do not get yourself into any trouble.

I understand that you are upset. Who wouldn't be upset. But now is the time to calm down and realize what you want to do. If you see yourself not contesting the divorce. I think the best thing that you can do is meet with a really good lawyer. It sounds like you have a lot of property and finances between you. So if you want to move on with the divorce and not contest it, then be proactive with discussing your financial options with a lawyer. You should discuss how much you should get and what you are entitled to. Even though your name is XXXXX XXXXX the accounts you may be entitled to something, and it is best to retain a lawyer now.

If you do not want a divorce, then speak to your husband, find out what is going on with him, why he wants a divorce, if he wants to go to counseling to fix anything. I think overall you want to remain calm and do not act in a way that you may regret later. If you want him back them anger will not solve anything or make him come back to you, if you do not want him back acting in anger may not help you legal case.

If anything, go to a hotel if you can. A nice one, relax and give yourself time to have your mind clear. If you do not think that you can be in the same space with him without getting upset, then don't be. Go with a girlfriend that you feel you can talk to, or a friends house.
SLREED, Counselor
Experience: MS Marriage/Family therapy. Four years as a counselor.