Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.

I have been going out with my current girlfriend for about

Customer Question

I have been going out with my current girlfriend for about a month now. I am 17 and she is 18. I recently had sex with her for the first time, and I'm wondering whether or not I should tell my mom. We've never really had a sex talk or talked about any rules regarding girls or sex. But last night, my girlfriend came over, and we waited until my mom went to sleep and then had sex. I feel like I should tell my mom, but I don't know how big of a deal it will be to her. What should I do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 4 years ago.
I think if you feel you should tell your mom then that is the best thing to do. We do not know how your mom will react, but I think it is best for her to know, so she can help you with and inform you. You will also feel better since you would have gotten it off your chest and I believe your mom would appreciate that you were honest with her rather than her finding out another way. This will show her that she can trust that you will talk to her about anything.
I see you were not happy with my answer. I would like to further help until you are satisfied. I am sorry I could not help you. Please if you would give me more information maybe I can help you better