Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.
13551071

I am divorced now over a year. I speak to my ex wife. She

I am divorced now over a year. I speak to my ex wife. She lives in Ga. I live in NJ. I want to go back. She says it is in God's hands and that she will either choose me or someone else. My question is: She already knows me. What kind of sense can I make of her comment. Does it just mean that if she cant find anyone else, she will choose me?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.
It seems to me that she is not sure about what she wants right now for whatever reason. If she says she is leaving it in God's hands then to me she does not know what she wants. She is pretty much going with the flow to see if it is you she should go back to or someone else.

It doesn't sound to me that it will be you only if she can't find anyone better. Just seems she wants some space to see where God leads her.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I Know men and women are different in this regard. Is it fair to say that she can make the decision to move on with someone else for financial reasons? She says she loves me, but can women, unlike men, make a decision based on other than love?

Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.
Women and men are different, but all women are all different too. I do think some women may make decisions not based on love and some do think of just money. However, I do think most women like a balance with everything in a man and relationship.

Did she do or say anything to make you think she may want someone else due to financial reasons even after being with you already?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not to me, but she would say things to friends as far as my work being slow. she did tell me that I hurt her beyond what I can believe. If this is true, can the trust be rebuilt over time if her heart is still with me, if it is at all?

Expert:  Jen Helant replied 1 year ago.
Work has been slow for everyone in all professions. She should realize that and I don't think she will base everything just on that.

If she says you hurt her beyond belief then this is probably what is stopping her from coming back. I do believe trust can be rebuilt. While you are in the process of getting her trust back make sure you back up everything you say with actions. This in time will help her trust you again. It is possible.
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience: I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.