Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.

Do you believe sharing the following website out of casual

Do you believe sharing the following website out of casual conversation to a co-worker of the opposite gender is flirting?

For example, to say the following "I once gave this to my niece as an extra gift and she loved it. I believe it is an outstanding gift to give any kind of relative because the message that comes with it is priceless. So, I just wanted to share this with you just in case you might ever want to give this as a gift to any relative of yours in the future."

Do you believe it's out of line to share something like this in the manner described above?

I once shared this with a co-worker of mine who I had a good rapport with and the relationship was just professional, but she complained thinking that such information should only be shared with someone that one knows extremely very well.
I am unable to click on the link and when I type it in manually it gives me a page with various items. Can you please give me the specific item name or number, so then I can help better?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You don't see a snowman pillow with a message that reads "Families Are Forever Because Love Never Melts"? Did you type it as indicated above and then press enter? It should be the first thing you quickly see and the biggest thing shown at the top. Thank you.

Thank you I see it now. I wasn't sure which you were referring to. I do not think that it is inappropriate to share. I think it is cute and sweet. If you have good rapport with someone then I don't see what the issue is. People that are friends are acquaintances especially in an office setting usually share things whether they be funny or cute. I do not see why this person would have said this.

Some people are just different like that and are easily offended. I wouldn't let that stop you from being nice and sharing this. I think it is a beautiful item and would love to share than as well. You even had an experience with someone you gave it to that loved it, so may want to share this info.

I would also not see it as flirting if you word it the way you did. The saying is even about family, so I don't see a problem with that. It would be a nice thing to do.