Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach

I will try to keep this as brief as possible while providing

Customer Question

I will try to keep this as brief as possible while providing supporting info on all parties involved.

My boyfriend and I have been officially bf/gf for 1 month. We were dating prior to being official of course. When we first got together we were assured that both of us did not have any feelings for ex or anything like that. He mentioned to me that he did have his heart broken at one point because he had to part ways with an ex of his (this is like from 4 years ago in his early 20s) without choice. She had to move with her family to Switzerland. They never officially ended things but just simply moved on. He dated so many people afterwards and had other long term relationships. (feedback on the ex: first love of his, longest relationship of a little over 2 years, and they did not have a choice to break up, they did not keep in touch these years either)

Our relationship was moving smoothly better then expected. He was always loving and showed his feelings. He was the first to say I love you and also the first to throw in the marriage card. He was sure he met the person he wanted to marry and have kids with. At one point, we had a scare that I may be pregnant, and he wanted me to be while i was hesitant about it. Everything was almost picture perfect up until 3 days ago. His ex randomly called him one night and told him that she was back for good. All the feelings from the past seem to haunt him and drove him to feel as if he missed her and wanted / needed to see her and that they needed to talk.

He didn't sleep for the day and avoided talk with me. Then he asked me to come out to meet him and told me the situation. He feels that its not fair to me and that he needs alone time to figure out what this "feeling" is he had over the phone with her.

I'm worried and unsure as of right now. I just found out I'm pregnant and I also let him know this. I don't know whether the feeling he felt was love that he still has for her and the fact he wants to try again with her, or if this feeling is just there because they never had closure in their relationship and never officially ended.

Help. Please provide advice. Thanks
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Rafael M.T.Therapist replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.