Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.

RA - fvh

Customer Question

what does it mean if a guy is obessessing about how we both eat and enjoy different types of food?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 4 years ago.

Deardebra :

Some people have different ways of eating and others like to she people different types of food. It is a way of sharing what the person is like through the things they like.

Deardebra :

It sounds like he wants you to like the same things he does and eat them the way he wants you to and this could just mean he wants you to try things how he likes them.

JACUSTOMER-emvos2ku- :

I may not have asked the question properly, but I dont think his intention is to try and get me to like what he likes.

I find that kind of behavior controlling. Although, I dont think he is trying to come off as controlling. It is possible that worrying about taking the relationship to the next level because of particular food preferences is a bit crazy? Some people have suggested that he may be looking for a way out but I dont think thats the case either. I have tried to break it off many times and he keeps pursuing me.