Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.

what can you do to make your husband fall back in love with

Customer Question

what can you do to make your husband fall back in love with you
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Jen Helant replied 4 years ago.
Try talking with him. Opening the lines of communication can do a great deal. It can rekindle the fire back in your relationship. Think of the things that brought you together and made you both fall in love and try to relive those moments.

Do sweet little things for him and try to be romantic. Little gesture mean a lot. Try to work on any issues the two of you may have in order to repair the relationship.

Counseling is also a great idea because it can get to the root of the issue, so the two of you can restore your relationship and grow closer again.
I see that you were not happy with my answer. I am sorry if you were not happy with my answer. I do always strive for customer satisfaction, so please let me know how I can be of further help to you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He says he has no feeling for me. It's like going out on a date with someone nice but it won't matter if you ever went out with them again. He says he has a better time without me now. Before we did everything together and he would come home early just because he missed me. Now it's all gone. We have been married for 28 years in February.

I am so sorry to hear this.

This could be due to issues the two of you had, but can also be because some people do not understand how to deal with long term relationships. They think they do not love the person meanwhile they just miss the exciting part of the beginning "honeymoon" phase of the relationship. It is very tricky in long term relationships since it is very easy to mistake getting bored of the daily routine with thinking we don't love the person.

Can you tell me a little of when things started to change and what happened that lead up to him changing?