Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.
57081136

Okay, I spent the last few weeks not doing much productive.

Customer Question

Okay, I spent the last few weeks not doing much productive. I feel kind of lost and somewhat disillusioned. This year has been tough for me mentally, emotionally and physically. I felt a few days just relaxing would do me good, recharge my batteries and clear the clutter from my mind, as well as allow my body to rest and heal up.

Well, it's been about three weeks since I was discharged from the hospital. And, I haven't done much despite the knowledge that I can keep on going like this forever.

How much time do I allow myself to coax, to relax and rejuvenate my mind and my body? I may feel overwhelmed... I don't know. I've so many needs, more money, friends or friend even that moving forward and achieving my goals sometimes seems futile.

I suppose I'm waiting for a lightning bolt to strike me, some kind of revelation to get me moving and motivated... I don't know. I'm just not sure how much what I feel is normal or to be expected given what I've been through. Or, that, I am just making excuses and finding reasons not to try or whatever.

My attitude was so much different not even two years ago it's hard to believe. I dealt with setbacks so much easier and felt my social isolation, my lack of friends, understandable given my situation. I seem to find a way out of any emotional setback I faced.

Anyway, I would like your opinion and advice.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, Okay,

Okay, I have a list but it seems like I can never achieve the simplest of tasks because of health competitions. Like I said, I planned on spending this whole year on projects, camping and reaching out to develop more social relationships. But, I spend most of the year in poor health and simply failed.

This will be my fourth attempt to do something with the website. This idea is high on my list but meeting people and making friends is even higher but seemingly always out of reach. So, my ability to accomplish anything on my list is hampered because I can never accomplish my most important goal of making friends. It is just tough to see past my most important goal and concentrate for any length of time on much else. It's aggravating

Expert:  Dear Debra replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!