Jen Helant
Jen Helant, Counselor
Experience:  I have a degree in psychology and worked with many couples. I am happily married and have been for 10 years.

I have been seeing a man for a little over 3 months now. We

I have been seeing a man for a little over 3 months now. We are both divorced with children...his children live with their mother 1 and 1/2 hours away, and its a new change for both the children and he. My children know about him and slowly his children are learning about me. We dont go out alot due to our schedules, we mainly hang out at his place or mine....always with no children around. I have cooked for him and he for me, we have good conversation and i think we both enjoy each others company. I have met 2 of his brothers. I dont want to push, but sometimes feel like its more of a sexual relationship than anything else. I want to know if it sounds reasonable to wait and give him time to adjust to his new living arrangement. How long is a good estimate of time for introducing children to significant other???
From what it sounds like this is a very new situation, stop he may want to have more time into it before he gets children involved. There is no certain amount of time that is good since it all depends on the relationship. It does sound rational to give him more time to adjust.

I would just continue to enjoy the relationship and take it step by step since it is so very new to everyone.