DrJackiePhD
DrJackiePhD, Doctor
Experience:  I have been doing research in relational/interpersonal communication since 1998. My Ph.D. is in interpersonal communication.
68163550

how does a person who likes you find out your name without

how does a person who likes you find out your name without asking you?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  DrJackiePhD replied 2 years ago.

DrJackiePhD :

Hi, I'm Dr. Jackie and I'm a relationship expert. You posted this about 12 minutes ago. Are you available to chat?

DrJackiePhD :

Hello?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes i'm available to chat
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi,
how does a person find out your name without asking you?
Hi there,

I have been in chat waiting but in the chat room it says you are off line. At any rate, I'm not sure if you are asking because you want someone else's name or if you had this happen to you. Either way, the internet has made some pretty amazing strides over the past decade or two. You can find out someone's name if you have a picture somehow because you can use the amazing tool of Facebook or other social media to investigate. Some cell phones are so technology-sharp that someone can snap a picture of you without you knowing it and can send it around through various circles to search for your identity. Facial recognition software once only used by persons like police or FBI officials can now be bought underground and used for purposes other than trying to capture criminals.

I am hoping this helps...

--Dr. Jackie
P.S. I'm more than willing to chat also if we can get into a chat room together. :-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
im asking because someone found out my name. however do you know if stalkers want you to know that they are stalking you?
Wow that is a really a great question. I am not an expert in case studies of stalking or other types of deviant behaviors, so I don't really know the answer to that. My best guess is that that some do want you to know because their behaviors seem to make that obvious. Some stalkers will continually call or text or leave notes on your car, etc. So at some level those individuals surely must know that you know too that they are "stalking." However, in their minds it's almost never a reality of "STALKING." From what I've read in research studies, they want you to know how much they like you, how much they are attracted to you, how much they care about you. So to them, the idea of "stalking" almost never is a reality. Does that make sense? :-)
DrJackiePhD, Doctor
Experience: I have been doing research in relational/interpersonal communication since 1998. My Ph.D. is in interpersonal communication.