DrFee
DrFee, Psychologist
Experience:  20+ years of counseling experience, Wife & Mother
66179016

i HAVE MEET A MAN THROUGH WHERE I WORK hE HAS CHILDREN THAT

i HAVE MEET A MAN THROUGH WHERE I WORK hE HAS CHILDREN THAT LIVE ABROAD. HE IS A BLACK MAN .hOW CAN I BELEVE HIM THAT HE SAYS HAS NOT GOT A WIFE /PARTNER AT HOME IN AFRICA AND THAT IN THE FUTURE HE COULD GO HOME
Hello! Please remember that my responses are informational only, we are not establishing a therapeutic relationship.

It takes time to build trust and to experience whether or not someone is truly trustworthy. It's good to take a "wait and see" attitude and get to know him slowly over time. If you find that he lies about little things, it's likely that he lies about big things. If he keeps promises, tells the truth and is faithful over a long period of time, it's more likely that you can tell that he's telling the truth.

With regards XXXXX XXXXX home, this is a harder issue. People's feelings and mind can change. He has ties in Africa and may later decide that he wants to move home. If you tie yourself to him (intimate partnership, marriage) you do run the risk of him wanting to go home. If he had no ties there, the possibility would be lessened.

Are his children grown? How old is he?