askcounselor, Counselor
Experience:  I am a licensed clinical mental health therapist.

I caught my husband having an affair 4 months ago. He thinks

I caught my husband having an affair 4 months ago. He thinks I should be able to forgive, forget and move on. The problem is, I am just not doing very well and what he thinks my reaction should be. He hasn't touched me since this has happened. I haven practically thrown myself at him, told him I needed the touch of another human being, but he still doesn't want to have sex. I can't imagine going through the rest of my life without this closeness with someone. I even got brave last night and told him exactly what I like from sex and asked him to share with me what he likes. He basically told me that he will not do what I want (eventhough that's what gives me the most pleasure) and if that's what I need then I should go find it. Why is this so difficult? Am I being selfish for wanting more?

Hi, I am ask counselor and here to help as much as I can. Before the affair, did you and your husband have any difficulties of any kind?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We didn't have sex at all, but it wasn't because I didn't want to he always turned me down other then no sexual relationship i felt we were a great couple.

It sounds as though your husband has a lot of apologizing to do to you, and should be willing to do anything now to keep you! Instead, he is giving you the cold shoulder in the bedroom, which is not right or respectful of your wishes.

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am available if you would like to talk again. I wish you the very best and thank you again.