psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

i have been with my husband 14 years our sex life has got less

Customer Question

i have been with my husband 14 years our sex life has got less and less and when we do have it he carnt kiss me or touch me he basiclly uses my body for his own needs any idea why
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 4 years ago.

It sounds like your husband may be using sex for a sexual release rather than being truly intimate. This often happens when a couple have been together a long time. They often forget how to romance each other and simply have sex when the need is there. I have a favorite resource for this problem called Mars and Venus in the Bedroom. It addresses the differences between sex and gender but also how sex changes during a relationship. If you apply these principles you may return to a sex life that has passion. You can also introduce new techniques by getting a copy of the Joy of Sex. Sometimes the reason is not something deep and mysterious but simply a relationship that has gotten a little stale. See where he stands on new techniques or positions to bring a freshness to this situation.