SLREED, Counselor
Experience:  MS Marriage/Family therapy. Four years as a counselor.

I recently had an abortion. My boyfriend and I discussed it, and we agreed that it would b

I recently had an abortion. My boyfriend and I discussed it, and we agreed that it would be better to have the abortion. He brought me there and brought me home, and asked me how I was feeling almost every day. Now, a week later, we are both having a hard time dealing with it. I want to talk to him, but I feel that he doesn't want to talk about it. What do I do?
This is a delicate situation to approach. And you have a right to feel the way you feel because abortions can bring up a lot of emotions. I am sure that not only do you feel emotions but he does as well. If this is your boyfriend then feel free to talk to him about it.

If you are bothered by it, then feel free to say so. If you are emotional about it you can feel free to say so. Because, a lot of time he may be feeling the same way. The only thing about this situation, is because it is so delicate, it is hard to think about the reaction that you are going to get.

First, he may be open in talking with you about it. Or second, he may not be. It does not mean that he is not feeling anything, it just means that for some people it is easier to suppress the situation and not talk about it then it is to talk about it. So for him, if you bringing it up, may make it worse.

Even with all that being said, I do think that you have the right to discuss the situation with him and say how you feel. If he is not receptive to your feelings, then one thing that you can do is speak to a counselor about your situation. I would hate for you to have this emotions kept inside of you with no one to talk to, if your boyfriend does not want to talk to you.

The way you can broach the subject is just be honest. This is your boyfriend. You can say

“I know that I told you that I was fine with the abortion, but now that I think about it I feel……..”

You can also ask him if there is anything that he would like to share about it. If doesn’t want to share, I would not push the issue for now. He may need time, or it may be way of dealing with it. I would though speak to a counselor about it, if you feel like you have no one else to turn to.
I was more than happy to assist you in your question. In the future if you need assistance with this question or any other relationship question, feel free to asked. To direct the question specifically to me, put SLREED before the question, and I will be sure to answer.