Dr. L
Dr. L, Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed as a Psychologist and Marriage & Family Therapist.

ra phi

Customer Question

Dr. Levang.
Hello, dr. Haven't talked to you in a while. I've been living a pretty secluded life, no relashionships, no dates, sometimes feeling very lonely, but, in general, I've been doing pretty well. Taking care of my health, going to the beach, museums, but it's very boring to do it all by myself. One guy from the online dating site wanted to meet me, but I didn't feel like doing it.
Anyway, I thought that I was completely over my ex, I wasn't even thinking about him, until last week when he called me with some stupid question about some freaking razor that he supposedly left at my place (he did not!). Oh, yes, a month before that he left me a voice mail saying that he accepts responsibility for everything. Of course, I didn't believe a word he said. And, as soon as heard him, I became so angry.... I am not an angry person at all, but when I hear all his bs I become so mad. He hasn't been working for four years and now he is being supported not only by his gf, but by some other people as well. And he had the audacity to tell me that I need to get over the envy and the jealousy and that it amazes him that how such a nice and kind woman like me became so bitter. He started talking again what a wonderful helper she had been and that I need to repent my sin. I told him that is not worth my time and drop dead. Dr., why does he still make me so angry?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When can I expect to get the answer? thank you.

Expert:  Dr. L replied 1 year ago.
I just picked up your message. For some reason, it did not come directly to me.

It is unbelievable that he is still bothering you. Why would it be appropriate to tell you to "repent your sin"....what sin...???

You were right in telling him to get out of your life. His interruptions in your life need to stop.

Why are you angry? I think there are multiple reasons for your feelings. Part of it is that he expected you to live an independent lifestyle, yet he was a free-loader who was dependent on others for financial support. He has no idea what it takes to support oneself. His criticizing you does not bode well with you when you know how hard you work to stay financially afloat.

Another aspect of your anger is that he used you..he manipulated you. You saw him as your boyfriend...but he denied that when he got involved with this younger woman. You had opened up your heart to him...made room for him in your life...and then you found out that he was not sincere.

It also is upsetting that you are now alone...and he has a gf. To some degree, you want what he has....a relationship, financial freedom and more...

I am glad you are taking care of yourself...going to the beach and so forth. But...yes...doing everything alone is unpleasant.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, dr. I do want a relashionship, I want to feel safe and protected, but in no way I want this relationship with HIM. The guy is so hypocritical and is such a user, it's impossible. He considers himself a " preacher", an expert on the Bible, but he asked me why I spell "G-d". Is it because I am ashamed of my maker? He has no idea why Jews spell "G-d".

When I asked him how much longer he'll be sitting on his ass doing nothing, he said that there is nothing wrong with the churches getting donations from their followers, why can't he?

He told me that I need to stop with my jealousy, envy and misunderstandings. I told him that he is not worth my wasting my time on him, that the only miundersdanding was me thinking that he is a decent and moral man, and he turned out to be a crook.

All this is wasted on him. He manipulates people into giving him money, lives like a parasite and considers himself perfect.

I really hope I will never hear from him again.

As far as relationships, when I am ready he will show up.

/

/

/

He told me that I need

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I definitely don't want the kind of relathionship he has. It's based on despair and neediness and lies.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that's a long time to be waiting for a reply. Not sure what's going with this website, but somehow, I am not getting your answers on time.

Expert:  Dr. L replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I would and no, I've had any contact with the Russian embassy. Maybe, you can provide more information for me? Thanks, dr.

I don't actually do online dating, talked to one guy over the phone, we were supposed to meet somewhere, then it didn't work out. I am not an online dating type, talking to strangers, I am not at ease at all about it.

My job is ridiculous, too much stress for min. wages. I've been looking for something new, so far no luck.