allymarie04, Social Worker
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker

my boyfriend an i been together for bout 3 years were engaged

Customer Question

my boyfriend an i been together for bout 3 years were engaged now but we been through so much and some people say i can do better but when i was homeless for 2 years sleepong outside an doing whatever i can to survive he could have left me out there but he chose to stay with me every step of the way nomatter what happened HE DIDNT LEAVE MY SIDE AT ALL.. hes 24 and im 21 do you think he really loves me or you think he just playing games. honestly!
Category: Relationship
Expert:  allymarie04 replied 4 years ago.
Usually people who are just playing games run the other way when things get tough, as they have with you and your partner. Also, being through so much is not automatically a negative thing for a relationship, rather weathering tough times together can give you tools for dealing with future issues that come up in a relationship. Everyone in a marriage disagrees, its the way you handle those disagreements that matter. My real question to you would be, do YOU think you can do better? It seems like it is obvious your partner loves you, so I'm wondering if perhaps you are looking for a way out of the relationship without feeling guilty about being the one breaking it off? Only you can decide "is this the person I want to spend the rest of my life with?"; but if that answer isn't clearly "yes", then I would hold off on getting married until you can be sure of your response.