psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues

My step-daughter,age 41,has solicited the help of one of her

My step-daughter,age 41,has solicited the help of one of her brothers and sister-in-law.
I have had ongoing problems for 30 years trying to communicate with her.
After heated verbal abuse from her,I have not spoken to her in over 2 years.
My stepson and daughter-in-law want me to try and contact her again.
I say she is an adult and should solve her own problems.

You should do what is right for you. Not what is right for others. They have to respect what you are motivated to do. Everyone is different and I understand your point. If it is more important to wait for her to come to her senses then that is what you should do. No one should dictate how you resolve this. If she was open to the relationship with you then she would make amends. However if you really want to know once and for all what this relationship can offer you may consider being the one to approach her. This would give you your answer. If instead it is important to have her show that she wants the relationship then you are welcome to wait until she shows the initiative. No one is right or wrong regarding what you should do. If they want to assure your happiness then they should honor your wishes. You don't have to please anyone but yourself.

Please press positive feedback or I am not compensated