Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

I have been talking to you Elliott Sewell, LPCC,NCC about my

I have been talking to you Elliott Sewell, LPCC,NCC about my ex boyfriend and I just have one other concern. We had been intimate the night that we broke up and we did use protection, but I am late and I am not sure how to handle this. I left him a few texts about this, but he has not returned the texts. I don't know what to do.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Elliott, LPCC, NCC replied 1 year ago.
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective

Dear Nicole,

I am so sorry that you have this further burden of worry on your mind. It could merely be anxiety that is delaying your period. The subconscious mind is very powerful and does have the power to delay your period.

You did use protection, and it was probably effective. Having your period would be the symbolic end of your relationship. It remained barren until the end.

It seems that this man does not even have the decency to reply to your texts about this matter. You know where he stands, and he has shown his true colors as man of little character. He would not make a good father or husband.

Right now, you are not sure of where you stand. You should take a pregnancy test if you are concerned and know for sure. On the one hand you will be quite relieved to find that you are not pregnant, although there may still be a stubborn hope that you are, and this will open this man's heart and you will finally come together in bliss.

I am afraid that this scenario will not work and will not happen. I understand that you realize this, but I'm sure the thought has entered your mind.

If you are pregnant and single, then you will have to face other choices, of which you have several. Let us not go there now, for this is merely speculation.

There is nothing to do now, other then to get yourself tested and end the uncertainty. Then you can move forward with your thought processes. Until then, enjoy your evening as best you can, and distract your mind. There is nothing better to do at this moment except run out and get yourself a kit and take the test.

I wish you protection and comfort, and know that, no matter what, everything will be good in the end..

Warm regards,

Elliot Sewell, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the words of encouragement, I know that he would not make a good father or husband, he has made that clear with his actions and words. I think that it is very rude of him not to return my texts, but he has also not returned text or phone calls before. He is very rude, controlling and manipulative like you have said before. He does not deserve me what so ever, and I really do want nothing to do with him ever, especially with the way that he has treated me over the last 3 years, I don't know what it has to take to wake me up, that he really is a jerk
and does not deserve me in any capacity, I was the best thing that ever happened to him. I hope that someone comes into his life and treats him the way that I have been treated and the maybe he will realize what a jerk he was to me.

Dear Nicole,

I am always very heartened when I hear a client reach an important awakening. It is gratifying to know that you are now protected from men such as this one, who are probably narcissistic and hence sociopathic, because they just don't care about others,. They lack that human quality, which in a sense makes them less than human. Your victory is that you have come to face reality clearly and that is a precious gift.

God bless you, You deserve a wonder man who knows how precious you really are.

Warm regards,

Elliott
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.