Doctor Kevin
Doctor Kevin, Ph.D.
Experience:  24 years in a private practice
16903060

My partner of 2.5 years (long distance) has had his ex-wife

My partner of 2.5 years (long distance) has had his ex-wife (separated 5 years - not legally) ask him to go overseas on holiday with her and their children. He is torn should he or shouldn't he. I feel hurt and disrespected. He feels he should to keep the children happy? What do you think is the right thing to do?
Thank you for choosing this website. my rule of thumb in issues of visiting ex-wives is that the daytime visit is appropriate at staying overnight is not. If he wants to go overseas on a holiday then he should expect that you're not going to wait around for him to return. It should be obvious to him that his spending that long period of time with his ex-wife will destroy all trust that you have in him. I would present this argument and let him make a decision.