JohnMichaels,MS,LPC, Counselor (LPC)
Experience:  25+ years helping resolve relational issues.

My husband and I have not had sex in 5 years. We have been

My husband and I have not had sex in 5 years. We have been seperated for the last 2 years. He said he has not been with anyone else in any kind of intimant manner. What is the likelyhood that is true? I have been taking care of 4 children and working full time while he follows his military aspirations. I have not been with anyone else for even a conversation. Had the right person been there at the right time I sure it would have crossed my mind simply due to the fact that I have not been priority for him. I want to believe him as he NOW has decided to work on the marriage but I have a very protected heart and honesty is critical.
Welcome to JustAnswer! I am a Licensed Professional Counselor. Please note, this is not therapy, but information. I do hope I can help you though.

It sounds as if you are hurting deeply. Given no reason to think otherwise, it is very possible for him to go without being with another woman. That is not sayi g you don't have other real. Though. I personally feel you must work on what you know. You know that he I'd seemingly making an effort. If you wish To nurture your relationship with him. take him at his word and work on your relationship. Deal with the I fidelity issue if and when it comes up. Do not ruin an opportunity to better you marriage though on a maybe.
Hi! I appreciate you allowing me to help you maybe arrive at a solution the other day. I hope I was helpful. Let me know if I can help you in any other way.

John Michaels, MS, LPC