Steven Olsen
Steven Olsen, Counselor
Experience:  More than 20 years of expertise in counseling, relationship resolution and family therapy.

Why do women thing so much differently than men.

Why do women think so much differently than men.

It is a huge question, but simply said, men and women's brains have more than 100 individual differences to them. Some major ones include the fact that a woman's brain hemisphere's communicate more "together" than a males, causing women to generally multi task better, integrate emotion into decisions more easily, etc. Women also have much larger aymgdala and hippocampus areas. These structures are involved in fear responses and memory, which is why women remember things that hurt them emotionally far longer than males do...and why men sometimes feel frustration that women cannot simply forget and move on. They cannot forget. Their brain does not let them.

Before birth men's brains are literally poisoned by testosterone. (Testosterone is fairly toxic believe it or not...) And the part of the brain that allows women to communicate more effectively across logic and emotional aspects is severed much more so in males. As a result, men tend to compartmentalize thinking and see one issue at a time, and see things logically not emotionally.

We are indeed, very different in our brains and our thoughts show it. Steven

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That's the best explanation I have heard yet. Especially the never forgetting emotional pain part. "Do you remember 30 years ago on Tuesday August 6 at 6:29 pm when you said..........."

Yes, that is why that happens. And, I am glad you liked the answer. Please rate me positively if that is the case. My pleasure helping you. Steven