Dear Debra
Dear Debra, Advice Columnist
Experience:  I have been an Advice columnist for 14 years. My column is published weekly in local newpapers.
57081136

my gay husband sucks

Customer Question

my gay husband sucks
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dear Debra replied 4 years ago.
I am here if you need to talk, you seem to be upset, how can I help you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am very upset I am defeated he turned his back like so many others in my life and walked away and wouldnt look back, changed his cell number, and filed a temp restraining order and all I did was tell him that I had cancer and it spread to my prostate and liver and there was not much I could do. Did he leave because of me what did I do or because watching me take the path towards death was to much for him to handle I need to see him on last time and just kiss his hand and tell him i physicaly may not be with you, but when you miss me look to the sky and the rain drops that fall are my kisses, the warm sun on his skin is me holding him, and when he need to touch me put is hand in his left pocket there will always be a penny in there and thats me because I made him a goffy coaster out of pennys and he would complain that the were scratching the table but he revealed later that when it fell apart he had it made into our rings because when we got married at Gay pride we couldnt afford rings.
Finding out someone has cancer that you love is very emotional and people deal with things differently. Some people back away because they do not know how to deal with thought the person they love is sick. What you are dealing with is a lot. You are dealing with not only a break up but you are dealing with an illness. I know you feel like your husband has turned his back, but I feel your husband needs time to deal and handle what is going on. Your husband filing the restraining over that is something you can not violate in anyway, do you will have to wait for your husband to talk with you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Right after I replied he came to me and told me that it was retracted. He just was scared because he can't face the fact I am dying . So I picked my foot up shooved it in his face and asked him what the expiration date was, he said what are you talking about in which I replied exactly there isn't one so when I die that's thetime so let live in the now. I'm still alive. He just laughed and hugged me. Thank you
You welcome, of you have anymore questions I am here to listen.