psychlady
psychlady, Counselor
Experience:  I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues
52358615

I just entered into my second marriage after my wife of 42

I just entered into my second marriage after my wife of 42 years passed away. I really dofeel like I love my new wife but she is so demanding that I change the way I relate to my children, family and I guess I'm failing to live to her expecftations and it is causing tremendous conflict. How do I handle better so we won't destroy our current relationship. She also lost her husband through death, but she has been married previously
Category: Relationship
Expert:  psychlady replied 2 years ago.

It is very difficult to have what we now call a blended family. The ways you do things are often different then the new partner and this results in conflict. The first issue is that you both have to compromise because there is no one right way. You can't be so flexible that things are done one person's way. You have several options to arrive at a resolution. One is to schedule some short term couples counseling just to get the relationship on the right course. This can even be done online in the comfort of your living room. If she is open to compromise this can be resolved in a brief period of time. You can Google online counseling and find someone you both like. The other option is to develop better communication on your own but again she has to be open to change. My favorite guide is the Mars and Venus series so you can ask for what you want and do this effectively. For true change you have to put in the work initially but it will be worth it. Her motivation to try either option will be indicative of how much she is willing to compromise and ultimately reach a happy home.

Please provide excellent service so that I am compensated

psychlady, Counselor
Experience: I have over 16 years experience in treating adults presenting with a variety of relationship issues